Mr. Williams is well known for his deep loyalty to his clients, his appreciation and pursuit of his clients’ individualized business and personal goals and needs, and his determination to treat each client on each matter as he would like to be treated if he were the one hiring counsel. He works hard to consistently provide efficient and effective representation for his clients, and tailor the scope and structure of his representation to his clients’ specific goals and needs. He has broad experience in all aspects of real estate and business law and transactions, which includes the following:
- Real estate acquisitions, including purchase and sale and options of retail, office, industrial, agricultural, REO, distressed, mining, multifamily and residential property.
- Secured and unsecured financing origination, including negotiating, structuring, documenting, and closing of conventional, seller carry back, and conduit loans.
- Enforcement and workouts of conventional, seller carry back, and securitized loans, including foreclosures, short sales, deed in lieu agreements, forbearance agreements, assignment of rents enforcement, and mediation of related disputes.
- Commercial leasing, including retail, office, industrial, agricultural, mining, cell tower, fuel station, multifamily and residential leases and options, along with ground leases, absolute net leases, and similar lease financing mechanisms.
- Lease enforcement and workouts, including rent reduction agreements and other workout-oriented lease amendments, structures, and strategies and statutory disposition of personal property after lease termination or abandonment.
- Entity formation and administration, including the formation and administration of single asset and special purpose entities (“SPEs”).
- Listing agreements and broker liability and exposure advice, enforcement, and prevention.
- Property tax appeals.
- Title work, including title and survey review and due diligence, title insurance and title insurance claims, title dispute resolution, and oil and gas and general title opinions.
- Conservation Easements and other conservation and mitigation strategies and structures in connection with conditions of approval and for other purposes.
- CC&Rs, tenancy in common agreements (TICs), and other common interest ownership structures and workouts and settlement of related disputes.
- Intra-family real property transfers and gifts and related ownership structures.
- Easements and licenses, including the acquisition, structuring, and documentation of power line, access, road, right of way, cell tower, alternative energy related, and all manner of commercial and residential easements, along with related title insurance matters.
- Boundary line and easement disputes.
- Asset purchase agreements, business licensing, and other commercial and business transactions.
- Customized and unconventional or hybrid real property and business agreements tailored to unusual client priorities.
- Real property-related settlements, mediation, and dispute resolution strategies and structures.
Memberships & Community Involvement
Mr. Williams is heavily involved in and committed to the real estate and business community of which he is a part, and conducts his practice with a deep knowledge of and appreciation for the unique concerns and priorities that drive that community. He has served as president of the Real Property Section of the Sacramento County Bar and as a longtime board member for the Association of Commercial Real Estate, and graduated from competitive programs sponsored by the Building Industry Association and Urban Land Institute. He has written numerous articles and given many presentations and speeches on real estate and business law for both legal practitioners and the business community.
University of Virginia School of Law (2003)
University of Notre Dame (1999)
Admitted to Practice in: