Alanna represents and advises business clients in environmental litigation and regulatory compliance matters, including cost recovery and contribution actions and agency enforcement defense. Her experience includes litigation and regulatory matters involving the Clean Water Act (“CWA”) and Porter-Cologne Water Quality Control Act, the California Environmental Quality Act (“CEQA”) and National Environmental Protection Act (“NEPA”), Clean Air Act (“CAA”), and the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (“RCRA”), matters involving the Tahoe Regional Planning Agency (“TRPA”) and the California State Lands Commission.
Alanna’s experience includes successful challenges to agency administrative civil liability orders and agency action, as well as defense of citizen suit challenges to business and industry operators. She has helped defend clients’ adjudicated vested property rights, prevail at trial in complex environmental remediation and contract dispute litigation, and she works to craft beneficial pre-complaint resolutions for clients facing civil enforcement by local prosecutors.
- University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law; Sacramento, California (J.D., 2009; McGeorge Law Review, Anthony M. Kennedy Inn of Court.)
- University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Indiana (B.A., 2004)
Professional and Community Involvement
- Women Lawyers of Sacramento, Member of the Board
- Horses Healing Heroes, Member of the Board
- Sacramento County Bar Association
- Team-Bri, Founding Member
Admitted to Practice